Pumpkin Vegetable Bake
Here's the recipe for my vegetable bake, it's perfect for meal prepping breakfasts and lunches, and can be made gluten-free and vegan. If you'd like to add a bit more flavor you can optionally throw in some chorizo to give it a kick.
It takes about an hour to make and clean up, so I usually make it on a Sunday afternoon and it lasts me for the week. :)
- 1/2 a butternut pumpkin
- 2 medium zucchinis, grated
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 3/4 grated cheese
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup of self-raising flour (or gluten free flour)
- 1 chorizo sausage (optional)
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees celsius
- Optional: Chop the chorizo into small slices and fry in a pan until cooked, then set aside when ready.
- Chop the pumpkin into small cubes and cover a tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 10 minutes or until soft, then set aside and allow to cool.
- Add half of the pumpkin to a large mixing bowl.
- Grate 2 medium zucchinis and 1 medium carrot, into the bowl, mix well and season to your preferences.
- Add 3/4 cup of grated cheese.
- Add the 3/4 cup of self-raising (or gluten free) flour and mix well, ensure there are no clumps and all ingredients are covered.
- Optional: Add your cooked chorizo to the bowl now.
- Beat 4 eggs and add to mixture, mixing thoroughly once again.
- Pour the mixture into a baking paper lined pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining pumpkin on top of the mixture and press them lightly into the bake with a spatula.
- Place into the over preheated at 170 degrees Celsius for 45 minutes or until golden brown. If not firm and golden put back in for another 5 minutes or until done.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before cutting into 6 pieces and serving, alternately put them into containers into the fridge where it will last for a week.
You can add pretty much anything else to your bake once you're ready, I also sometimes add brown onion and peas to mine. Experiment! It's delicious.